Stocks are back on track after recovering from the tweet that rocked the markets on Tuesday.
Within the last week, we’ve seen several kneejerk reactions to political headlines.
Today, markets are higher on the hopes that Nancy Pelosi and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin can strike a deal to print more money.
If they do, this could set up for a “buy the rumor, sell the news” event.
With the fear gauge for the S&P 500, known as the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX) is at 25, any headline could kick up more volatility.
But as I’ve said, expect the election volatility… then PROFIT from it!
Just as you did on Monday with adding more $$$ in on another winner.
- Buy-To-Open the Snap Inc. (NYSE: SNAP) Oct. 16, 2020, $29 call (SNAP201016C00029000) up to $0.45 per contract or better, for the day.
- Sell-To-Close the Regions Financial Corp (NYSE: RF) Oct. 16, 2020, $12 call (RF201016C00012000) at the market.
Right now, we’re holding:
- Nordic Amer Tankers (NYSE: NAT) Oct. 16, 2020, $5 call (NAT201016C00005000
- Melco Resorts & Entertainment (NASDAQ: MLCO) Oct. 16, 2020, $20 call (MLCO201016C00020000) - 50%
- Vonage HLDGS Corp. (NASDAQ: VG) Dec. 18, 2020, $11 call (VG201218C00011000)
- Snap Inc. (NYSE: SNAP) Oct. 16, 2020, $29 call (SNAP201016C00029000)
Now we wait and let the market come to us.
Next week is October monthly options expiration and we do have a few positions that will come off the board.
Patience and persistence are key, and I’ll be keeping you updated every step of the way.
- Regions Financial Corp (NYSE: RF) Oct. 16, 2020, $12 call (RF201016C00012000)
Date: Sept. 14, 2020
Reason: Our system triggered a buy signal after a $2.2 million Hot Money bet was placed wagering those prices would only profit if shares soared higher.
Outcome: 7% gain.
Notes: You executed this perfectly. We exited the position into strength and locked in our gains. Unfortunately, this took so long to develop that time wasn’t on our side to hold out for more gains. Putting wins on the board is what’s important; the profits will follow.
I’m looking forward to answering your most pressing questions this Wednesday.
If you want yours included, send it to [email protected].
Have a great weekend, and I’ll have a new trade for you on Monday.
To your wealth, freedom, and options!
Joshua M. Belanger
Executive Publisher & Founder